Grand Prize Description
There will be one (1) Grand Prize available consisting of a fully-funded educational program for one (1) teacher and six (6) students to Vimy Ridge, France, to attend the commemoration activities for the 2017 Centennial of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
The Award includes: return economy air travel to France for each student and the teacher; overnight stays at a residence/college in Vimy, France, and/or alternate overnight accommodation as outlined specifically in the provided tour itinerary; select meals as outlined specifically in the provided tour itinerary; sightseeing tours as outlined specifically in the provided tour itinerary; visits to special attractions as outlined specifically in the provided tour itinerary; and transportation to and from all activities outlined specifically in the provided tour itinerary (transportation to and from free-time activities not included).
The teacher recipient will have seven (7) days from the day on which they are contacted by The Vimy Foundation and informed that that have been declared the winner to make their decision to accept the tour.
The teachers and students will be in France for April 9, 2017. Travel dates to and from France will be determined at a later date and tour itinerary will be provided.
The Vimy Foundation reserves the right to change or modify the Award location and/or dates due to unforeseen circumstances. The Vimy Foundation is not responsible if weather conditions, event cancellations, strikes, lockouts, labour disturbances or other events beyond the Vimy Foundation’s reasonable control limit or restrict access to any of the planned excursions or locations on the tour. The Vimy Foundation makes no representations or warranties with respect to the Awards.
Terms and Conditions
The Teacher recipient and students must have proof of valid travel documents prior to ticketing and the right to fly and to enter the destination country as outlined on the tour itinerary. The Teacher recipient and students are responsible for ground transfers to and from the designated departure airport.
All other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to: gratuities not included, optional excursions, insurance, medical travel documents, beverages and meals not specifically outlined in the tour itinerary, and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the teacher and students.
The Award is nonnegotiable and nontransferable.
No change in travel arrangements can be made once the booking has been confirmed.
The prize is provided by EF Educational Tours. All EF tours are subject to EF’s Booking Conditions (the terms of which can be obtained by calling 1-800-263-2806 or found at http://www.eftours.ca/bc. Each potential teacher recipient and student will be required to review and agree in writing to such Booking Conditions in advance of being awarded any Contest. A condition of accepting and being awarded such Contest will be compliance in full with such Booking Conditions.
- The Vimy Classroom Challenge is open to all schools across Canada.
- To enter the Challenge, the teacher or instructor of a participating Classroom must register their Classroom on the Vimy Classroom Challenge website at https://vimyfoundation.ca/vimy2017/challenge/ and complete the entry form as indicated. There is no cost to register on the Challenge Website. Teachers will be required to provide information about their contact information, the Classroom’s grade level, and the School location.
- Classrooms will receive three (3) entries for reaching Gold level, two (2) entries for reaching Silver level, and one (1) entry for reaching Bronze level.
- Registration / entry deadline is midnight CST, May 31, 2016.
- Odds of winning the Grand Prize will be determined by the total number of entries received.
- The winning classroom will be selected at random from all eligible entries received by the Vimy Foundation. The selection of the winning entries will take place by June 8, 2016.
- By entering this contest, the applicant agrees that any information sent to the Vimy Foundation becomes the property of the Vimy Foundation, to publish online or in print at their discretion and, should they win, an applicant’s photo may be posted and/or published.
- One (1) winning entry will be selected. The winning teacher will be notified via phone/email within 2 days of the selection. The winner has seven (7) days from receipt to respond and confirm the acceptance of the prize. If the initial winner does not respond within this period or declines the prize, then the jury will select an alternate entry until there is a confirmed winner.
- Once the Award recipient has confirmed their acceptance of the prize, The Vimy Foundation will contact them regarding prize details as outlined in the prize description.
- Contest is open to all teachers in Canadian schools, except for any individual teacher who is an immediate family member of employees of The Vimy Foundation and EF Educational Tours. Subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited.
- For further questions or comments regarding this contest please contact The Vimy Foundation at (416)595-1917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.